Forane® 427A Refrigerant
- Non-ozone depleting refrigerant.
- R-22 retrofit refrigerant for air conditioning and low and medium temperature refrigeration systems.
Main properties :
R-134a (50%) R-125 (25%) R-32 (15%) R-143a (10%)
|ASHRAE safety classification||A1 - non-toxic and non-flammable|
MO or AB (with oil separator)
* GWP value for 100-year time horizons according to IPCC 2007 Fourth Assessment Report
Main applications :
Forane® 427A is a simplified and cost-effective retrofit solution for existing R-22 installations in a large range of applications :
- Commercial and domestic air conditioning: chillers, rooftop units, split systems, heat pumps, etc.
- Commercial refrigeration and food-processing sector : supermarkets, warehouses, cold rooms, etc.
- Industrial refrigeration.
- Transport refrigeration.
- Forane® 427A is the closest match to R-22 in terms of performances (COP and cooling power), mass flow rates and operating pressures over the whole range of temperatures.
- Discharge temperatures up to 10°C lower than those of R-22.
- Retrofits to Forane® 427A do not require change-out of the expansion valves, liquid lines, condensing units or any other costly parts of the installation. Expansion devices may only need to be adjusted to optimize system performance.
- One of the lowest GWP among R-22 retrofit solutions.
Mineral oil (MO) and alkylbenzene (AB) are often acceptable with Forane® 427A, if the system has an oil separator and reliable oil return with R-22. Otherwise, the oil must be changed to POE. If POE is required, usually only one drainage of the system’s oil is needed, as Forane® 427A can tolerate high levels of residual MO or AB remaining in the system (up to 10-15%).
Due to the zeotropic nature of Forane® 427A, it should only be charged as liquid to prevent fractionation (changes in the designed refrigerant composition). In situations where vapor would normally be charged into a system, a valve should be installed in the charging line to flash liquid from the cylinder into vapor.
Forane® 427A can be delivered in various packaging :
- bulk : ISO container (18 tons) or ton-tank (800 kg).
- other packaging available under requests.